Thursday, September 5, 2013

Ready For Fall

Since the cooler weather is making an appearance around here I decided it was time to decorate for fall!

After seeing this great Fall word art on the Silhouette design studio, I knew that it would be a great addition to my mantel.  I wanted to keep the colors simple so I stuck with a dark brown and white.


Mason jars are everywhere these days, especially the painted and distressed ones.  I thought that they would look awesome in fall colors with some pretty flowers added to them.

I looked at some of the tutorials that people had shared on Pinterest and thought to myself that I should be able to make them too.  I picked out fall colors, orange, brown, and a foliage green to paint them.  The green jar did really well, but I had to work on the brown and orange for a while.  Once the paint dried I used a nail file to distress the jars, then sprayed a clear coat to give some protection to the paint.

I added some greenery and sunflowers, which are my favorite, to complete them. I think that I did pretty good for my first try!



I added an Owl wine cork holder, that I just bought when we went on vacation last week, to the mantel.  

Here is my "Ready For Fall" mantel!


No comments:

Post a Comment