Friday, July 19, 2013

DIY Faux Chalkboard Look

Since the rain has finially slowed down here it is time to for the pool to begin.  And when I saw this quote in the silhouette shop I knew it would be perfect for my soon to be pool area!  I just couldn't decide if I wanted to make it on wood, like a sign or not.  Well when I was shopping in Michaels last week, I found slate pieces and knew that the saying was going on it.

I loaded the quote on the silhouette studio and resized it to fit on the slate piece.  I then cut it out on tan vinyl that I had found on clearance.

After the quote was cut I removed all the letters so I could transfer the whole piece to the slate.


Using clear contact paper I transferred the quote.  Make sure you get any air bubbles or gaps out before taking off the clear contact paper.

Using white craft paint I began painting the letters.

Here it is completely painted.  Make sure to let it dry completely before removing the vinyl template.

After removing the vinyl, I used a sanding block and lightly sanded the whole piece giving it a chalkboard appearance, without using chalk.


This will be the perfect addition to my backyard when it gets completed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment