Friday, June 28, 2013

A Little Red, White, and Blue

Taking a look at this weeks Weekly Shape Challenge on the Silhouette Blog, and seeing that it could be any project summer themed, I decided that I would make a set of 4th of July coasters.

I picked out the graphics that I wanted to use for this project and sized them down to fit on the coasters.  I loaded the paper and went to getting all the pieces cut out.


I added a thin coating of mod podge to the coaster and put the paper design on the coaster and then added another thin coat of mod podge on top to seal the paper. 


This is right after adding the top coat of mod podge, it was hard to get a picture while doing this step.


Here are all 4 coasters while they were drying.  After they completely dried, I let them sit for about 30 minutes to make sure, I sprayed a coat of clear sealer on the coasters.


When they were completely dry I added felt pieces to the back of each coaster so there will be no scuffing of tables when using these.


Here are the coasters tied up with a bit of twine.  These would make a great gift also, but I think I am going to keep these for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment