Friday, July 19, 2013

A little crafting time!

My days have been so filled with family stuff that I haven't been able to do anything it seems like!  I decided to carve out a little me time to do something creative.

When I have been out, I always try to go to one of the local craft stores to look around and always manage to buy something.  I have all these supplies in my craft room so I am going to put them to good use.

I found a vinyl quote on the silhouette store that I wanted to use so I used my cameo and cut that out.  I already had the colors I wanted to use picked out, a coral and tropical blue.  I painted a base coat of coral on a wooden plaque then transferred the vinyl saying onto the painted plaque.  Then I painted the whole plaque the tropical blue, I painted 2 coats then let it dry completely.  After drying I removed the vinyl letters and lightly sanded around the edges.  

Here is the finished piece:

No comments:

Post a Comment