Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

After being invited to a friend's house tomorrow to celebrate the 4th with a day of swimming, grilling out, and fireworks, I decided that I needed to make a little hostess gift. 

My oldest wanted me to make cake pops for her to take to her friend's lake house where she will be spending the 4th, so I spent the majority of the day working on the cake pops.

For the hostess gift I took a glass vase and glass etched their initial on it so it could be used later for whatever.  I filled the bottom of the vase with decorative rocks and loaded it with red, white, and blue cake pops.  I also added some cute bags with red, white, and blue M&Ms with red and blue fireworks attached.




Seeing that I had so many cake pops left over I made a little centerpiece for my dining room table.  I just put some of the decorative rocks in the bottom of two different sized mason jars and added the red, white, and blue cake pops.  Hopefully the cake pops will last until tomorrow, so I will still have my cute centerpiece intact!


No comments:

Post a Comment